The Murder of My Sweet - Divanity (2010)


The Murder of My Sweet - Divanity
Release Jan 29, 2010
Track by track comment
1.No evil
An awesome opener, what a great rhythmic song this is with a melodic chorus that grows each time I hear it.
2.Follow the rain
A clear hit single, I love the Rammstein-like riffs and the orchestral parts are super.
3.Bleed me dry
The first single is a winner, a great ambassadeur for the album and brilliant vocals from Angelica Rylin.
4.Chemical attraction
One of the first songs I heard as a demo, sounds so much better in this mastered studio version. Lovely keyboard work.
5.Kiss of death
Another bombastic and epic metal track perfect as a single, this is so The Murder of My Sweet!!!
6.One bullet
A magnificent rocker with horror music vibes, a song that will do just fine to open their shows with.
7.Tonight
A typical album track, not bad at all but it doesnt match the rest of the album. Flores production lifts the song though.
8.Storms at the sea
A powerful and anthemic ballad, symphonic metal at its best so to speak. You can almost feel the cold and big ocean waves on a dark day in November.
9.Destiny
Film noir metal is a great description for this band´s sound and this song couldn´t be more suitable for this new genre, the resurrection of Greta Garbo.
10.Revolution
One of my favorite tracks, it´s heavy and pompous and the production deserves an award of any kind.
11.Valerie
I would love to see a video to this 80´s sounding chorus, a catchy melody that won´t leave your head for weeks.
12.Death of a movie star
A modern Bohemian Rhapsody and the best track of the album, a masterpiece written in stone.
What you do, don´t compare this band with Epica, Nightwish or Within Temptation. TMOMS do not sound anything at all like them!

RRRRR FANTASTIC!

www.myspace.com/themurderofmysweet

The single "Bleed my dry" features the non album track "Sands of time"
The iTunes album version features the bonus track "Mistaken"

Comments

Popular Posts