Interview with Diamante




Hello there, I must start by asking if Diamante is your real first name?
-Yeah! It’s Italian and Spanish and it means diamond.

Congratulations on winning 4 awards at the Indie Music Channel Awards in Los Angeles, that must have been a great feeling?
-It was incredible! I was not expecting to win four, I had never been big on school awards, so winning four in one night for my music was the best feeling.

This is certainly a great year for you as a part of the Warped Tour along with bands like The Used, We The Kings and Mayday Parade. How did the audience treat you?
-Yes, it was such an honor to play alongside those bands, because I grew up listening to their music, and being able to perform at the same venue was such a dream. The audience was great, which made me so happy because when I perform I completely feed from the audience’s energy. The entire experience was just unreal.
 
Since you have only released 3 singles, what songs do you fill your setlist with?
-I fill the rest of the setlist with covers that really compliment and go along with the singles. I do a re-make of Stevie Nick’s “Edge of Seventeen” which a lot of people really seem to like, and I also do a cover of “Bad Reputation” by Joan Jett which is super fun to perform on stage because everyone goes crazy. We are also introducing some of the new original music on live shows, next week I will be singing one of the new singles live for the first time!

The first single "Just for one day" is a pop song while the latest two, "Impossible" and "Panic" are rockers. Are you headed into a more rocking direction?
-Yes, definitely. Defining myself as an artist at such a young age was a process, but I always knew I wanted to be rock.

When will you start working on an album?
-I’m actually working on it right now. I’ve been really busy creating, writing, and recording new songs, and I can’t wait until the album is finally released this fall.

 
Some music critics have compared you to Pat Benatar and Alanis Morissette, what artists are your biggest influences?
-It is such an honor. My music has a lot of influence from the women’s rock in the 80’s, when rock was something that women were scarcely accepted to do. I love artists like Joan Jett, Pat Benatar, and Stevie Nicks.

What are your 3 favorite websites you visit everyday?
-I go on Tumblr all the time because it’s a place I can express myself and how I’m feeling, Facebook is the obvious second because that’s where I mostly interact with the fans, and I’m always on YouTube looking up new music or live shows or anything I can get inspiration from.

What would you choose between a starring role in a big budget film or a record deal with a major label?
-Definitely the record deal because that has been my dream ever since I was 5 years old. I love acting too, but having my music heard all around the world and touring everywhere with stadiums of people would be amazing.

 
And what would you choose between being an opening act for Olivia Newton John (one show only) or your own tour in Europe?
-My own tour in Europe because I love Europe! I’m half European and I’ve traveled there so much, and even lived in Italy for a period of time, but it would be so cool to see all the UK, Nordic Countries, and other European fans come out to see me in the most beautiful places in the world.

What things put you in a bad mood?
-Ignorance and arrogance; those two really put me in a bad mood.

I am of course curious, since I´m from Sweden, what do you know about my country?
-I’ve have always been drawn to Nordic Tales, but now a days what found most compelling from your courntry is the modern architecture . I would also love to play the music festival in Gothenburg, have heard the crowd is amazing!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Diamante-Bovelli/221578390195


Comments

Popular Posts